Tuesday, November 25, 2008

HAPPINESS is more than a word

Ever experienced the sort of "happy" that will leaving you smiling each time you recall the incident? It may not be the in-your-face HAHA type of "happy" but rather small coincidences or thoughtfulness on someone else's part that makes each day much more beautiful?

Well, I hv been that type of "happy" a couple of times over the past week.

  1. Finding my lost thumbdrive
    Its hard enough to retrieve a lost thumbdrive in the thieving society of today. But...........

    Guoquan [in an early morning SMS]: Oi! You lost something ah?
    Me: Huh? I nv go sch today how to lose anything?
    Guoquan: Yesterday you left thumbdrive in library is it?
    Me: Really ah? (Yes, I am THAT BLUR! :P)
    Guoquan: You heng leh! Inside project got my name then my friend found.
    Me: *sheepish laughter*

    [next day, the friend apparently lost my thumbdrive AGAIN.]

    Hanming [in the canteen]: Hey Joy! I found your thumbdrive. Later pass to you ba.
    Hanming [later in class]: Ehhh.. I forgot and accidently left it at the computer leh.

    [YOU TELL ME CAN SO SUAY ANOT?!]

    Librarian called [10 mins aft I swore]: Is this Joy? Someone returned your lost thumbdrive. Please come and collect it.

    Walao! Buy 4-D also not so zhun can?! Heee.. You say can don't happy meh?

  2. FAMILY BONDING
    Who can love you more than your very own family?

    Had a cooking competition (I was the judge) and impromptu sleepover in the living room complete with junk food, DVD rentals and sleeping bags! :) We even video conferenced with Daddy so he could see all the fun he was missing out on. :P

    There was also massive shopping sprees which mama shld nv hv splurged on for she is now a retired woman. Which therefore means, MORE MOMMY TIME WITH US!

    Photos when I find the time to edit. :)

  3. BUSINESS STIMULATION GAME TRIAL 1
    Stupid 8 credit project and us not understanding the concepts of the game.

    Ranked 1st.
    If it stays tt way through 5 more sessions, it wld really be a call for celebration. :)

  4. GESTURES OF GRATITUDE NEVERMIND IT BEING WAAAAY OVERDUE
    Stanchart deprieved me of a holiday but brought nice friends into my life.

    Nearly 2 mths ago, I left the Operations Department far quieter than I expected. No one knew it was my last day or I suppose they knew but they didn't care. Yesterday, Ching Ching (head of department) called me down and not only did I hv a present, an apology (coz they were too busy then) AND EVEN A LOVINGLY PREPARED CARD WITH WELL-WISHES FRM THE WHOLE DEPOSIT TEAM~ *very surprised*

    Alex still uses his signature light blue-inked pen and Edwin still affectionately calls me "Xiao Mei". Some things just don't change hur?

    It doesn't take much to say 'thank you' and this 'thank you' is one I would rmbr for a long long time. :)

  5. SPREADING OF XMAS CHEER
    Especially when it comes in the form of rich guys handing out candies.

    Was doing BuyBack claims today when a convertible filled with guys roared pass SB naturally attracting our attn. What we did not expect was that same convertible, going one round, coming back, stopping and waving to Cheeleng.

    They beckoned her forward and she came back with 3 candy canes for Tiffy, herself and me. Imagine tt?! Santa giving out sweets in a local polytechnic?? Headline News man!

  6. MST WEEK LOOMING FAST!
    Arggh! Who likes exams?!



    But to hv a sweet sister to prepare surprise snacks while I take a shower. Somehow, its hard not to feel so darn loved. Favourite KitKats somemore... :)



    Oh wells, the lovely note pinned high up on my board is reminder enough that I should get offline and back to Math. Sian Pok. But a happy Sian Pok. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home